Monday 2 December 2013

Ladies & Gentleman ! Meet Teak Sato One of my most favorite designers !
Explain your self in 5 words?
- Designer, Dreamer, Idea Guy, Foodie, Manchild

What “style” genre would you consider your self to be?
- Joe Guy on the street

Where did your company name come from?
- It’s my name

What age were you when it hit you to want to become who you are today?
- 35

What are or who are some of your influences/inspiration ?
- Jay Vigon, Lincoln Agnew, Mark Gervais, Jeff Spokes, Alison Miayuchi, my kids (all 100+ of them)

How long has your business been around?
- 11 years

What is your plan for the next year? How do you plan on expanding?
At the mo, not a tonne of expanding. I might take on some work in Europe but unless I go back to it full time, I’ll just be taking on the odd job.

Where do you see your self in five years?
- Who knows. I thought I’d have a wife, 2.5 kids, white picket fence, house and a car in the burbs by the time I was 30. Never thought I’d be single, 40 and living in Europe. We’ll just keep rolling with this for now and see where life takes me.

What kind of people are drawn to your work? How do you market your self? Do you have a online shop? local store?
- I have an online web presence. People find me through referrals and google searching mostly. I don’t market myself all that much as I’m not full time freelancing but people seem to like my branding work mostly.

Favorite place you have traveled?
- New Zealand and Japan were highlights. I’m gonna try and truck around Europe some more so much world to see yet.

Have you traveled for your work?
- Lil bit.

Any impressive accomplishments you’d like to brag about?
- Beat out Michael Schwab to win my Anvil Award in 2006. That was pretty damn cool.

Do you have any fun adventures coming up?
Nothing solidified but I have plans to do a little more travelling here in Europe.

What does your product say about you? what do you try to get across in the way you do business?
I like to think my work says that I create things with depth of concept. I do business wit the mentality that I am building a relationship, not just a transaction.

Do you have any pets?
- Nem (that’s no in Hungarian)

What’s your favorite bar to go to?
- Jack Doyle’s, DiVino Borbár or Spíler BistroPub

What’s your dream vacation destination ?
- Right now, I think it would be French Polynesia or The Kampung Sampireun in Java, Indonesia

If there’s one place/thing in the world that makes you feel most safe, where/what is it?
– ACAD. Back when I was going through a rough stretch it was the only place that gave me a sense of purpose. Other than that, my bed.







No comments:

Post a Comment