Monday 2 December 2013

Ladies& Gentleman! Meet is Djari (Jar-ee) - Model

She has been a model in Vancouver for a few years now. Her agent is Numa Models and I've been with them for a year. She also has a twin sister and two other sisters. Not only modelling but she is also a neonatal nurse and works with premature babies! Pretty impressive right?


Explain your self in 5 words? Thoughtful, fierce, passionate, caring and fashion savvy!
What “style” genre would you consider your self to be? I would consider myself to have a classic style with a modern twist. I like to have an interesting element in my every day wear. 
What age were you when it hit you to want to become who you are today? I've wanted to model. I never thought I would do it until I was about 17 because I was so shy! I finally worked up the courage to go to a casting for Vancouver Fashion Week and the rest is history!
What are or who are some of your influences/inspiration? My biggest fashion icons are Iman, Tyra Banks and Stacey Mackenzie. I think these beautiful black women have paved the way for the rest of us. They are not only models, but they are smart business women who took their fame to another level. 
What is your plan for the next year? For the next year, I'm planning to keep doing as much work as possible! I will be trying my hand at lifestyle and commercial modeling. I'm working on expanding my modeling horizons. I am also getting married, so it'll be a busy year!
How do you plan on expanding? I am trying to figure out the whole social media thing and get more likes for my page Djari the Model and more Twitter followers.
Favorite place you have traveled? My favorite place so far would have to be Spain.
Do you have any fun adventures coming up? Being featured on this blog! Getting married
What’s your favorite bar to go to ? I love the Rogue Kitchen and Wetbar
What’s your dream vacation destination ? I would love to take a trip around the world! I have lived on three continents (Liberia, Africa, France in Europe and Vancouver!), but can't wait to travel some more! My next trip will be my honeymoon in Greece. 
If there’s one place/thing in  the world that makes you feel most safe, where/what is it? I feel the safest wherever my family is. They mean everything to me and they are awesome!
Photo Credits: 
The beauty shot was take by Tom Hawkins with makeup by Rebekah Bak. The full body shot was taken by Lanaya Flavelle and makeup by Rebekah Bak 


No comments:

Post a Comment