Monday 2 December 2013

Ladies & Gentleman! Meet Eden Martin Rodriguez

Explain your self in 5 words?
I don't dream, i live

What “style” genre would you consider your self to be?
As a psychopath said "i just do things". I try to use the obscure, odd and beautiful as my variants in my work, i don't make images that people, as soon as they see them, they go "wow" awesome" , my "style" is the one that makes you think and interpret it based on your own problems and previous live experience, like looking at a rorschach ink stain.

Where did your company name come from?
It's my name, because what i do and create represents the way i am. i guess my parents got creative with my name "Eden"

What age were you when it hit you to want to become who you are today?
I mention previously that i just live, i do things, i never had an ideal or goal to accomplish growing up, never thought of taking photos for a living, even though i enjoyed doing it in high school and as a missionary in New Mexico, USA. in 2009 living in Canada its when me taking photos became important and said "well... why not?" and decide to run with it.

What are or who are some of your influences/inspiration ?
I honestly can't tell you names or the person who inspires me, its a very personal experience in my case to receive inspiration from someone else'swork, right now i could look at the mona lisa or other work by DaVinci and feel inspired, two days later i might just hate his work (not saying that his work is not good) but when i see a piece or art, a great photograph, read a well written book, watch good cinematography, inspiration will come, i see the information and my mind just works with it and my lens spits it out.

How long has your business been around?
In 2009 i started to get into photography and saw future in it, besides enjoying it, and since then I've been having fun!

What is your plan for the next year? How do you plan on expanding?
next year (2014) is looking good already, i have  another photo exhibition for one of my iphoneography series "El que no lucha no avanza" (a long exposure portrait series made with iphone) which was on exhibition this year through July-August 2013, but this time will be on exhibition on another fine art gallery in Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico. Theres an author that wants my work to be part of an upcoming book that is going to be published in 2014. Besides all this i hope i can keep contributing to the photo world with a radio show with some other pro photographers and the director of the MOPA (Museum Of Photographic Arts) and  more expos around the world and printed/ digital publications.

Where do you see your self in five years?
i hope to be living by the ocean or at least close to it thats for starters. in 5 years ill be 32 (time flies) i really don't know where ill be, and i won't be like "oh , ill be CEO of this" or "ill be shooting with russian models" (well, that last one doesn't sound bad at all) nah! ill see where photography will take me... im on an adventure!

What kind of people are drawn to your work? How do you market your self? Do you have a online shop? local store? 
Its hard to say, given that i do and shoot whatever i want, different people with very different background and very different taste can be found around me, one day im shooting for an international company and the next day im shooting a live performance of body suspension, ill be shooting with some cosplayers all across canada and the next day having a mature content photo shoot.

Favorite place you have traveled?
i lived in New Mexico for two years, craziest place ever given the diversity of ethnicity of people living there, my best memories and times where the ones i spend with the native americas from different tribes.

Have you traveled for your work?
Just a little inside mexico and canada, but my work has travel more than me, from all over mexico, to the USA ad all the way to Japan in different photo exhibitions.

Any impressive accomplishments you’d like to brag about?
Few days ago i became the general manager of INSTAGRAM CANADA so that was unexpected.
I was part of the working force of INSTAGRAM MEXICO that made possible the first mobile photography exhibition in the MOPA in San Diego, that made history given that is the first time that photos taken with iphone or other mobile devices are exhibited in this important museum.

Do you have any fun adventures coming up?
in february 2014 i have planned to make a road trip all the way to yellowknife! all the way north of alberta and a motherpro photographer is coming from mexico to come with me. Another adventure might be my 5th baby! will see about that!

What does your product say about you? what do you try to get across in the way you do business?
My "product" its just a reflection of me, i don't try to be someone else or imitate, thats not how i do things, and one thing that people knows about me and about what i do is that im honest and not pretentious, even if i seem crazy sometimes as my ideas my reflect, i give people that assurance that im an honest and hard worker person, and that even if i"just do things" that they are well planned for optimal efficiency and success

Do you have any pets? 
no pets, just 4 kids, more fun!

What’s your favorite bar to go to ?
i don't go out, besides i don't drink, i work.

What’s your dream vacation destination ?
i don't like vacations, i rather live there, but if this is the case, Easter Island, need to be there!

If there’s one place/thing in the world that makes you feel most safe, where/what is it?
not really, i have no time to be feel safe, im confident and when danger strikes its time to live dangerously then!

Photo Credits:
"Where's Mommy?" (iPhone made)
Photo by : Eden M. Rodriguez photography 
Model: Adam Ryan Kearl (my son)

"Smile" (IMG_1328)
Photo by: Eden M. Rodriguez Photography
Model: Pablo Leonardo Cuevas Navarro




No comments:

Post a Comment